Are you a software engineer with a passion for writing clean, scalable code?
Do you love contributing to software that reaches millions of users?
Are you excited by solving interesting problems and building market leading technology?
At Paradox, we believe when you get the people thing right you can build teams that can change the world. We’re a high performance culture with laser focus on building world class products and a team that our clients love. Recently named one of Forbes’ Top 500 Startup Employers, we’re looking for top performers who have a track record of success and want to build a company together as we continue our triple-digit growth.
Through Paradox solutions, we are helping companies around the world reimagine the way they hire: conversations instead of job applications, automated interview scheduling, and improving employers’ hiring insights. We are hiring a software engineer to join our team and help on a range of challenging developer projects, from developing our APIs to developing new products and features for Traitify, the world’s fastest, visual and mobile-first hiring assessment.
Sound like your perfect fit? We want to hear from you!
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop and test new features for our APIs
- Work collaboratively with Product and Engineering teams to develop and iterate products, features, and internal tools
- Research and troubleshoot end-user issues
- Contribute to a variety of software and product development initiatives, from fixing defects to managing API pull requests to developing new methods to search our product databases
Experience & Skills Required
- 3+ years of experience developing production-quality code at scale in Elixir, Ruby, or other scripting languages
- 3+ years of experience developing and supporting APIs
- Deep understanding of APIs, and familiarity with JSON, Web APIs, REST APIs, JSON-RPC, XML-RPC, RESTful practices, and GraphQL
- Familiarity with SQL and other datastores
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Comfortable working in cloud-based (AWS), *NIX, and shell environment
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work from our Baltimore, MD or Jacksonville, FL office location
- Authorization to work in the United States
Why you should work at Paradox:
- Work side by side with passionate, purposeful people - Talent is our DNA and we pride ourselves on having the best!
- Ability to make a big impact on a growing organization and drive your own growth
- The opportunity to be part of the team building the next big thing in recruiting technology
- Internal and external professional development, coaching, and continuous education opportunities
Job Status: Full Time