Full-Stack Software Engineer (Elixir)
Are you a software engineer with a passion for writing clean, scalable code?
Do you love contributing to software that reaches millions of users?
Are you excited by solving interesting problems and building market leading technology?
At Paradox, we believe when you get the people thing right, you can build teams that can change the world. We’re helping organizations around the globe reimagine hiring with our first-of-its-kind recruitment technology. From our virtual AI assistant, Olivia, to our best-in-class hiring assessments, Paradox is laser focused on building world class products and a team that our clients love. Our high-performance culture and triple-digit growth have been recognized on Deloitte’s "Fast 500" technology companies, the Inc 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies, and as a Forbes Best Startup Employers. And we’re just getting started. We are looking for top performers who have a track record of success and want to build a company and create the future together.
We're looking for an experienced engineer to help us solve for a range of interesting front- and back-end challenges. This is a unique opportunity to work with some of the most innovative recruiting technology on the market. Our platform is used by millions of users around the world, improving the recruiting process for job seekers and hiring teams alike through conversational AI and elegant automation - and we are just getting started.
Creating disruptive software takes passion, skill, and a deep love for building and innovating. If that's you, we want to hear from you.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to a variety of software and product development initiatives across the Paradox platform
- Work collaboratively with Product, Engineering, and Design teams to develop and iterate products, features, and internal tools
- Develop, iterate, and test new features for our APIs
- Manage complex API pull/extraction requests
- Dvelop new methods to search our product databases
- Research and troubleshoot bugs and end-user issues
Experience & Skills Required
- 5+ years of experience developing production-quality code at scale with Ruby on Rails or Java
- Comfortable coding in Elixir - or excited to learn it
- Previous experience developing and supporting APIs
- Deep understanding of APIs, and familiarity with JSON, Web APIs, REST APIs, JSON-RPC, XML-RPC, RESTful practices, and GraphQL
- Knowledgeable in relational and non-relational databases like SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or similar
- Understanding of front end JS framework (e.g. React)
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Comfortable working in cloud-based (AWS), *NIX, and shell environment
- Excellent written communication skills
- Authorization to work in the United States
Why you should work at Paradox:
- Work side by side with passionate, purposeful people - Talent is our DNA and we pride ourselves on having the best!
- Ability to make a big impact on a growing organization and drive your own growth
- The opportunity to be part of the team building the next big thing in recruiting technology
- Internal and external professional development, coaching, and continuous education opportunities
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: PDX_PA_80C5E3DC-8E6D-4BCF-AB44-C30B93FD8AC3_136596